Re: Fw: Rob, I'm really depressed now. Read this message

To: Guy Weller <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Fw: Rob, I'm really depressed now. Read this message
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:00:26 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Hi Chris,

You didn't state the reason it quit, was it the noise and you shut it off or did
the fires just go out?  I'd start by attempting to isolate the noise. Take off
the fan belt and see if the noise goes away when you start the engine.  If the
motor runs without the noises, then I'd look to see if the generator is seized,
pully stuck or the fan on it loose and rubbing the gen case.  Any of those would
make horrible metal/belt squealing noises.  So will the front crankshft pully if
it broke.  It usually gives a death rattle noise for weeks first, though.

These are more likely causes than something serious with the engine mechanicals.

Keep us informed on the noise isolation.

Regards, Paul A