diff choice

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: diff choice
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:35:56 -0600 (Mountain Daylight Time) zBwcHBiUksSU1CTDIsMCwsSU1CTDMsMCws
hello all,=0D
I am curious what would be the best rearend for my midget. I am running a
modified 1275 with a stock 4 speed transmission. It is pretty good around
town but I have to drive about 40 miles on the highway to get to club mee=
ts
& they consist of lots of highway as well. When I am doin about 60 mph, t=
he
tach sits around 4500-4800. This seems a bit high for longer distances.=0D
I have the stock 4.22 rearend(1961) now.=0D
I was considering a 3.9. Would this be a good choice for city & highway
combined? Can any one tell what a 1098 engine should have had for a reare=
nd?=0D
I know the only real answer is a 5 speed but I am financially challenged =
for
that right now=0D
Thanks=0D
Alex=0D
'61 midger

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type Image/jpeg]