was lug nuts, now just trivia

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: was lug nuts, now just trivia
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:18:20 -0700
I'm glad I'm not the only sick puppy that knows way too much about these
cars.  Just for grins and statistics, here are some of the cars I've owned
that usually wind up in the Lemon Cars hall of fame, and price paid at time
of purchase  *indicates running and drivable car at time of purchase.
1969 Midget $925* in 1984, still lives on if in vin alone as I rebodied with
the 74 I still drive today.
1972 Vega-Free in 1986, replaced head gasket and sold in one month for $300
1973 Pinto-$225*  in 1984, had bent frame, drove for 4 months and sold for
$400
1974 Midget $200  in 1990, saved from an aborted V8 conversion.  This is my
current baby
1977 Midget $300 in 2001, this is my current project.  almost done and will
be for sale shortly.
1979 MGB $300*  in 1991.  Replaced missing smog equipment and drove for a
year.  sold for $2300
1979 Midget $100 in 1987.  Rebuilt engine and sold in 1990 for $3000
1979 Midget $300 in 2000.  Replaced carburetor and sold in 2001 for $3000
1979 Chevette Free* in 1987.  Drove for two years and sold with slipping
transmission for $300
1980 Chevette $75*in 1989.  Replaced clutch and drove for 6 months.  sold
for $750
198? Pontiac Safari Wagon Diesel* Actually was a company car.  what a dog.
I wound up totaling it.
1985 Renault Alliance* (bought new) $9800  Sold when  one year old with 33k
on clock for high book of $7300