Tonneau Cover Snaps

To: ckotting@core.com
Subject: Tonneau Cover Snaps
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:58:19 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
another thought. My tonneau has shrunk so that I
couldn't snap sanps at side of windscreen. Put one on
and the other pulls off. Solution, a 2" piece of nylon
webbing. Webbing came off of end of an old car bike
rack in the corner of the garage and Lowes sells
snaps. Get the snap installation tool for just a few $
and you can do this quickly and easily. I installed a
male snap on one side and a female snap on the other
side of the 2" piece of webbing. In effect I extended
the tonneau cover. It now fits well, and stays in
place. Bugsy had an extra press the dot fastener
installed on chrome piece just behind driver's and
passenger door. I added a press the dot fastener on
the tonneau as well as a piece of velcro to match
velcro on tonneau cover. Works really well and stays
in place.

I did manage to locate a tonneau bar for an MGB that I
am modifying to fit across cockpit. With headrest
seats not sure I need but with tonneau cover behind
seats it allows tonneau to fold over and you can use
the press the dot fittings that are on the top of the
cover to pull tonneau tight while top is down.

Besides on chilly mornings zipping up tonneau half way
keeps me toasty warm when running out to get coffee in
the AM.

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com