Engine Rebuild

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g4MI5mu03329
Subject: Engine Rebuild
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 14:05:47 -0400
Hi Listers,

It's engine rebuild time.  I have a 1275 which has been completely taken apart
and has been sent to the machine shop today.  I have a mechanic doing the work
and offering guidance.  However, I have several decisions to make.  Your
suggestions would be appreciated.

Peter S. rebuilt the head for me two years ago so I'm not going to have that
reworked, unless otherwise suggested by the List.

I'm not building a race car but might as well get extra hp if possible.

The mechanic has suggested a 30 over-bore.
The mechanic has suggested a stage one cam.
I will probably go with a long center branch exhaust as I need the stock header
for another 1275.

Any advice on what to purchase would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paul