Re: Cockpit cover photo

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cockpit cover photo
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 00:26:58 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/02 11:54:59 AM, redmidget72@yahoo.com writes:

<< OK, For those of you that have not seen what I refer to as a cockpit cover
go to the link below to see a photo of a cockpit cover on a miata.  They
don't list for MGs.  RATS >>
Lon

With a picture that good, you should be able to take it to a shop and have it
fitted.  If you have no experience with the actual cover, it is lighweight
fabric and has a tab that the trunk lid holds in place.  the other end is
placed under the windshield wipers.  There is a velcro wrap that goes around
the exterior lights, and one strap and protective holder per wheel that fits
under the wheelwell.  It stays on fine, is good for dampness, sun, and
sprinkles.  I  don't think it would stay dry very long in a real rain.  At
least one guy in our Miata club has one custom made of Vinyl, which would
help in the wetness exposure, but is fairly large to fold up and stash.  For
Miatas tonneau covers are probably more trouble than they are worth, even to
a long-term believer in tonneau cover use.

You would  probably do better at a car cover shop than an upholsterer.  Or if
you are a pretty good sewer and have a machine that can take it you might be
able to do it yourself.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)