RE: Aluminum Flywheels/DCOE's & SU's May 2002 07:57:24 +0200

To: John@DataServ2000.co.za (John Reidy)
Subject: RE: Aluminum Flywheels/DCOE's & SU's May 2002 07:57:24 +0200
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 07:12:23 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spritenut@Exit109.com ('Frank Clarici'), spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridgets)
John!!!

Could not agree more with you on lightened flywheels but, how do you
define "better" response with respect
to use of DCOE or SU (assuming
"unmodified" stock SU, John...as in
"no cheating"!!:)

Incidentally, I've used both inclusive of
Weber DFEV on VW Bug. Never met an
unmodified stock SU which could match
the initial response of an "open choke" carb but I still
prefer the SU for ease of tuning and general all around driving and
maintenance.

Despite running K&N air and fuel filters,
I had to clean the DCOE every spring and
fall to maintain top performance in my
"tuned" '74 RWA Midget daily driver.

It is truly amazing how much small dirt
and grit finds it's way into the Weber's
fuel bowl (not a lot, but some) and "tiny"
channels (idle, progression, accelerator
pump circuit, etc.)

Cap'n. Bob
    '60 :{)