Re:Aluminum Flywheels

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Aluminum Flywheels
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:14:57 +0200
-----
Hi David
Instead of machining an insert and screwing it to the Alum flywheel, the
alum flywheel is molten metal sprayed using a metal spraying technique
and then machined flat. The coating is about .010 " and the metal
becomes part of the flywheel. I did not see the process being done but I
am assured that it is a common practise and seems to have worked well on
my flywheel.

John  Reidy

In a message dated 5/27/02 2:02:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,