Coil Springs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Coil Springs
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 22:26:17 -0400
List

In my Bugeye I installed 1" lower coil springs about 2 or 3 years ago.
Well they lost their spring already.
I found this out tonight when a friend hopped in the Sprite with me and
the tires starting rubbing on the wheel lip. This didn't happen last
year when he rode with me and he didn't gain any weight this year.
I also noticed my wheels rubbing on turns with just me in the car lately
too. I did gain 3-5 lbs this year.
So I am sticking the 40 year old springs back in cause they are better
then new. Like modern rubber trees, the steel trees just ain't the same
as they used to be.
Or unless we have a large enough earthquake to eliminate the source of
all this cheap made crap, I'll use the old stuff.

So my question is, what does a stock Bugeye (or 1275 Sprite) front coil
spring measure? I have a set that measure 9.5 inches.
The TOP quality NEW ones are still in the car so I can not measure them
just yet. And to think I threw out about 6 pairs this winter only to
save one set.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ