condition questions about 3 100-4s for sale

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: condition questions about 3 100-4s for sale
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 19:38:49 -0500
Cc: <healeys@autox.team.net>
I'm located an hour north of Chicago. Delivery (within reason) is possible.

All 3 100-4s are very early BN1's.

One car is originally a Spruce Green car, a very nice rare color. It's early
enough to have an alloy bonnet, an "Austin of England" trunk insignia, and
the plastic (maybe bakelite?) tags in the interior footwell.

It was driven to a local body shop for some work and paint, and during that
time the owner passed away (hey, some restorations take a lifetime...). The
car sat in the shed of the body shop, for a couple of years, and I purchased
it from the widow 12-14 years ago. It's had some rust repair done (in steel)
but overall was a very solid car to start with. Fenders are unattached, but
all drivetrain is still in place. Frame is very good on this car.

I've never attempted to start the car. "Supposedly" the owner was an old
mechanic, and had rebuilt the engine and front end, but I have no proof of
that. I took it and all of it's parts, and tucked it away in my gargage many
years ago with the intention of doing a concours street restoration on it.
There is title for this car.

The second car is interesting as well... it is one of only 2 orginal
non-metallic Healey blue cars. Again a very early car. The color is present
under the cockpit surrounds, well preserved. It's a blueish gray color. I've
only seen one other that color in almost 30 years of Healey ownership. This
car is rust free, found in a barn nearly 20 years ago. Frame is excellent.
(It was found with all sorts of other automotive treasures... a TD, a TR3, a
Willys coupe, an early Pontiac 3 duece manifold & carbs, and all sorts of
other cool shit.)

 Sometime, probably still back in the 50's, someone started to make a "Nasty
Boy" V8 conversion, as there are '55 Chevy engine mounts in place (only one
year for that style of mount, I think). Some of the foot wall area, and
portions of the front cowl were cut. This body has some dents and wear from
being walked around (or on) for many years, but, as I said, it's not rusty.
No interior. It rolls (has a BN2 rear end under it). There is no title for
this car. It was our intention to make either an Austin powered vintage race
car, or a modified 283 powered vintage racer.

Number three is a completely rotted, but fairly complete parts car (again
early) BN1. It has complete original drive train, and also I have some other
spares with it. The frame is (very) shot on this car. It was originally red,
and has a title.

I'll have digital pictures available soon, and will entertain offers before
it all ends up on Ebay.

WST