questions about the GMC pickup

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: questions about the GMC pickup
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:09:49 -0500
Cc: <HealeyAuto@aol.com>
The 1970 GMC Custom Camper is a cool truck. 3/4 ton with one ton rear axle.
16" front wheels (split rims) and 16.5 x 10" rear wheels from the factory. I
have 3 freshly painted non-split rim 16" wheels (the split rims can be
dangerous) with good radials mounted. The spare is mounted up front on the
grille. It has the big towing side mirrors. The nice thing is it always was
used as a camper, not as a "pick up truck"... so it's not dented up like
most old trucks. It has the original light green metallic paint (faded). The
typical rust on it is cab corners and rocker panels, a fairly easy fix.

It has 350, 4 bolt main, 4 barrel, automatic, with manual steering and
manual brakes. (I have a power brake booster set up for it.) The trucks runs
good, drives very well... very tight. The brakes have been gone through. It
has an afternarket air conditioner that makes it so you could hang meat in
the cab.

It needs an exhaust system.

I believe if you look around, and compare, you'll see most old trucks are
pretty clapped out. I think $1500 is a fair price for this truck.

WST