Re: Under the bonnet heat; I have to much .net>

To: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Under the bonnet heat; I have to much .net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:19:06 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike & RH,

I have the exact same problem as the both of you.  We're experiencing vapor
lock.  I plan on buying one of those 12V 5" computer fans, and use flexible
gutter hose (the 5" black kind for under the dirt) to feed the fan with fresh
air blowing directly under the carbs.

As an alternative, I may actually use the duct and fan to remove the hot air
(i.e. the fan pulling the hot air into the duct), which I think may be better.
The only problem I forsee is that I may melt the fan on really hot days when I
need it most.

My GM alternator should be up to the challenge.

PS:  I also have twin SUs, an aluminum heat shield, and a header (which is
worse than a manifold).

Mike