Brit Car Week

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brit Car Week
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:21:24 -0700
Having driven the 62 Sprite for 3 days in a row now I finally understand
why someone would drive a Spridget daily. I arrive at work in a good
mood and even the traffic doesn't bother me as much. The weather has
been perfect. I may have to drive it more often. As I putt along at ~ 65
in the slow lane (4.22 gears and slightly loose wheel bearings!) with
everyone else blasting past at 80-85 focused on getting to work I feel
at ease and look forward to the "long way" home after work. Driving home
past the local high school the other day (no, I didn't go out of my way,
it's just down the street!) I noticed the heads of a few girls turning
my way as I drove by. I know they weren't looking at me :~)

The bad thing (well, not that bad) is that I'm discovering all the
little things that need taken care of on the beastie. It doesn't like
idling in 80 degree weather; the Weber needs a little leaning out in the
mid-range, etc. But I guess that's part of the "enjoyment" of British
car ownership.

Looking forward to an LBC summer!

Herby
64 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com <http://www.herbytoys.com/>