Fw: fans under the bonnet

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: fans under the bonnet
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:11:10 -0400
Go to your local boat dealer and get an engine compartment exhaust fan. They
are relatively inexpensive, available in many different CFM capacities,
designed to run for long periods of time, sparkproof so you don't explode if
there are fumes around and very low draw!

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1989 Baha 280 XLE (1 fan, 2 Chevy SBs)

Subject: Re: Under the bonnet heat; I have to much

If you want a fan to push air over the affected area I would suggest using
an automotive type heater fan / blower, and run the power through a relay.
> Lon /RedMidget
>   mgraziano@mindspring.com wrote: Mike & RH,
>
> I have the exact same problem as the both of you. We're experiencing vapor
lock. I plan on buying one of those 12V 5" computer fans, and use flexible
gutter hose (the 5" black kind for under the dirt) to feed the fan with
fresh air blowing directly under the carbs.

> As an alternative, I may actually use the duct and fan to remove the hot
air (i.e. the fan pulling the hot air into the duct), which I think may be
better. The only problem I forsee is that I may melt the fan on really hot
days when I need it most.