Re: Brit Car Week 08:21:24 -0700

To: Billh@aaai.com (Bill Hunt)
Subject: Re: Brit Car Week 08:21:24 -0700
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 08:52:57 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Exacly, Bill-

Which is why I have a Bugeye as a daily
driver...as long as you have to "get there",
might as well have as much fun as you can doing it! Half the fun is
getting there,
anyway (or, should be!).

Switch over to a "summer" thermostadt
(68C) or "thermostadt blanking sleeve"
for thermostadt-less summer driving and
start thinking of a 3.9 diff. ratio to replace
that 4.22. Engine will run a little cooler and highway cruise will be
far less
"buzzy" at slight penalty in acceleration.

Worry not about those who would pass you....they are not enjoying the
driving
experience yet alone, the Sprite
"driving experience"!  Install a good stereo
and/or CD. Equip same with your favourite tunes or just enjoy the
"music" of
the siamesed port series "A" exhaust
note through a Thrush or Cherry Bomb
glasspack (these can be "reversed" for
better flow and even greater decibels!!).

You see, Bill, I fly because I enjoy the
actual experience of flying the airplane.
Plainly and simply....it's fun!

Driving a Sprite, TR3 or MGA....It's like
a "legalized drug"!! In my earlier days I
would supplement or complement the
experience with a small toke or two of a
certain not quite so legal drug (the driving,
not the flying!!) but times have changed and I along with
them...besides, "this is
not important"!

We don't need a place to "go to", necessarily. But since we all have
places
we need to "get to" (e.g., work!), why not
have a good time getting there!

Cap'n. Bob
    '60 :{)