Re: Where were the Midgets

To: PilotRob@webtv.net, conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Where were the Midgets
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:52:58 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
The Philadelphia MG Club caravaned to the Delaware Valley Triumph's show at
Hope Homestead in Montgomery County of Saturday.  We had a wonderful day,
there were about 100 - 120 cars there, mostly triumphs, but only one midget.
OK, I'm not complaining because being the lonely only, I won first place in
the midget class, but it would have been nice to have seen more of us there.
Since my 79 has the spitfire engine, I at least felt a bit of companionship.
There were some AC Cobra replicas there, a few nice jags, one of those little
racing morgans (very nice, but the owner really has to squeeze in, there were
also a lot of T type MGs, but only one midget.... alas and alack.  Oh well,
at least I got a first, the first one...
JP
John Poynton
79 Midget "Yellow Fever"
Havertown Pa 19083