Door alignment advice sought...

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[5FE4D290:01C20C6F] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g558wqu24055
Subject: Door alignment advice sought...
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:00:00 +0200 net>
Hi All,

My problem is approximately 5mm of overhang on the top of the rear vertical
edge of both the driver and passenger doors i.e. the top of the door sticks out
by 5mm even though the bottom does not.

The car has, I am told, reskinned doors & I bought it with no doors in place.

I've Tried:

-Moving striker plate back as far as possible

-Removing the rubber seals

-An "original" door i.e. not reskinned (not much better)

Does anyone know any tricks for ensuring door alignment is achieved?

Thanks in advance,
Louis Mehr, UK
RHD 71 Sprite with 1098 engine.