1975 Midget for sale, w/Overdrive, 2xSU, etc.

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1975 Midget for sale, w/Overdrive, 2xSU, etc.
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 15:18:13 -0400
  After a lot of thought and reflection, I think it might be time
to sell my 1975 MG Midget. It's been great for the 6 years or so
we have owned it, but it comes down to the fact that we have
three 2-seat convertibles and a baby on the way, so something has
got to give.

  Ideally I'd like to see it in the hands of a lister, or
a friend of a lister, somebody who'll treat it right. You know
how it goes.

  Some of you probably know the car from my list postings, but
here is the summary:

The Good:

- Fresh engine, only a couple of thousand miles on it
- Twin SU conversion with proper UK-sourced HS4 carbs
- *OVERDRIVE* transmission, effortless cruising at highway speeds, and
six usable forward gears.
- Presentable interior, all gauges and switches work
- Good top
- Solid undercarriage. (I have a hoist, I've seen it many times)
- Relatively leak free for a british car, some light seepage
from front seal on long drives.

The Bad:
- Some rust in the usual places, A posts, rear dog-legs. However, I
examined it very carefully when I purchased it, it's honest rust in
a couple of places, not the signs of a rotten hulk under bondo. Inner
sills are solid, floors are fine, front fenders are fine, etc.
- Dull paint. It's unlikely that even the most herculean polish
job would really make it shine, it's pretty dull and oxidized.

  Lots more pictures and stories here:

http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/midget/

  Basically I am at the junction where it's mechanically superior
and with the overdrive and SU carbs, a truly great car. However if
I were to keep it now is when I'd be patching the rust and giving
the car fresh paint job, but I just can't get motivated to do it
considering the car isn't going to get a lot of use once
the baby comes.

  I'm not totally price-motivated, but I think $2500us is a fair
price and would make a great car for somebody. Drive it as it is,
or give it a coat of paint and have a truly nice LBC.

  I'm located in Ottawa, Canada, which is a workable day trip
from most of the north east United States or eastern Canada.

  Email me if interested.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca