Re: tach conversion

To: Alex Volk <talla@TELUSPLANET.NET>
Subject: Re: tach conversion
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 21:56:25 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Alex Volk wrote:

> Can anyone direct me on the procedure for changing a positive
> ground tach to a negative ground tach??

With the tach on the work bench, remove the chrome bezel and glass by
twisting and lining up the tabs on the back, sometimes they are stuck, a
razor blade around the edge should loosen it up.
Remove the 2 screws that hold the guts inside the can.
You will see a wire inside that connects to the power supply terminal
(where the green wire goes outside the tach) and a resistor very near to
that wire.
The resistor and wire must be switched.
Cut each one and solder them to the other spot.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ