Re: timing??

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: timing??
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:34:13 EDT
talla@TELUSPLANET.NET writes:

> Oh yeah,=0D
> I had another question as well,=0D
> My 1275 has started running on, backfiring through the carb, has major de=
> ad
> spot when you step on it from a stop, & seems to be blowing out black smo=
> ke
> (rich) when you push it hard on the highway.=0D
> Can anyone give me a place to start??=0D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Start by adjusting the valve lash and ignition timing.  Set the carb mixture
and idle, and if backfiring is still a problem, you have probably burned an
exhaust valve, which will require removing the head.

(You might want to send your messages as plain text instead of HTML, so
people won't ask you about your OverDrive, and what equals it.  :-)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"