Re: Valdez Incident ?

To: "bill b." <w_burrell@yahoo.com>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valdez Incident ?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:09:29 -0700 (PDT)
 Me thinks that the oil seal is gone bad on my tranny.  It may be that some of
the oil that ran out was up in the tunnel and after sitting at the angle for 3
days it drained out the back.  The DAPO had pulled all the vent lines from the
engine and ran it for almost 5000 miles without proper crankcase ventlation.
The front cover vent was clogged as well. I remember him telling me that that
the real seal had blown out and the car would blow oil out of the engine in the
back. (He was a real idiot when it came to British cars).  He was sure the
motor was completely worn out.  I hooked everything back up, cleaned the vent,
and lines, I get good oil pressure, not too much engine oil leakage,  and she
will chirp the tires in 1st and 2nd.
  "bill b." <w_burrell@yahoo.com> wrote: RED wrote: I look over at Bobbie with
her front
> end up on stands at about a 30 degree angle. And
> what do I see, I think she took a pee ! There must
> have been about a half quart or more of oil under
> her back end.

Oddly enough, when I brought my sprite home on a front
wheel car dolly it dumped about that much oil on my
driveway. Does tilting 'em up make oil run out the
back?
Of course it leaks a tad when I have run the engine,
but after hauling I had not run the engine when it
made the deposit.

No seabirds or wild animals were injured in the making
of this epic.(yet)

bill b.
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.c