RE: what about a single 1.5 su? message of Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:57:09 -05

To: RMueller@grumobile.uscg.mil (Mueller, Robert CDR)
Subject: RE: what about a single 1.5 su? message of Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:57:09 -0500
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:18:57 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu ('Glen Byrns'), spridgets@autox.team.net ('spridgets')
Guys:

Just got in and caught these posts....I have to agree with the
single-carb. thing.

The Judson's Holley is a single 1.75 deal.

In my use of the Judson on my previous
stock '67 1275, there came a time when
I ran "normally aspirated" through the Judson by accident...the belt
broke!!

I could not get over the power and smoothness of the engine running
normally aspirated "breathing" through
the undriven blower. Not as good with
the blower as without (obviously!!) but,
better by far in all respects than the
stock twin 1.25 set-up.

I currently have purchased an HIF44
to take the place of the Judson's original
Holley which I found problematic in more
ways than one. Tuning for progression in
terms of the accelerator pump set-up was
an extreme PITA!!

Since the entire Judson set-up for the
larger motors is "iffy" in any case, I may
just try the HIF44 through a suitable
APT intake manifold (normally aspirated)
before undertaking, once again, the
installation of the Judson.

If it goes as well as I think it may, I just
may return the Judson and forget about
it!!

Cap'n. Bob
    '60 :{)