Re: Brake Problems

To: "Bill Miller" <millerb@ivwnet.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Problems
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:11:52 -0400
Bill,

  Check/replace the rubber "flex" brake lines that go to the calipers.  Not
  quite sure of the physics behind it, but they do "swell shut" or collapse
  when they get real old.  <snip>

  sorry Bill , that's one of the details I forgot to mention. The previous
owner appears to have replaced all the flex hoses. Now why he did that, plus
the master cylinder and left all that crud in the reservoir is questionable.
One of the things that  had to be done before I could drive the car away, was
bleeding the breaks. I asked him if he could help me do it and he told me he
and his father would take care of it. Guess the guy has neither fear or shame
:  ))

  dale