Re: Oil leaks

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil leaks
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:09:45 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/02 5:37:23 AM, Phil.Profili@cptii.com writes:

<< I know none of you will believe this, but my Sprite has never leaked a
drop of any fluid (that I've been able to detect, anyway) EXCEPT from
the back of my Japanese gearbox!  Now, there's irony for you.

Sure, I will.  Ours didn't either for the first 20 years.  However, we didn't
keep the car pristinely clean during that time, either.  (It was a CAR for
heaven's sake.) This is with both the original 948 car and the (early) 1275
67 Midget that is disguised as a Bugeye.  With the frame out in 1996, it
started leaking and we are still trying to find out what's leaking where.
You guys already know that routine.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)