Re: Break tool

To: dalep1@earthlink.net, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Break tool
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:47:47 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 06/26/2002 4:16:30 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
dalep1@earthlink.net writes:

> Long needlenose? hooked? as ham-handed as I am I was hoping for some 'magic'
> -
> alas........
> dale

Dale, it's been some time since I've done a break job, but I always used a
large phillips screw driver.  Stick the screw driver through the hook on the
spring, position the v between the phillips blades (technical term) over the
post the spring hooks onto, and prise the spring over.

Altzheimers is always on the horizon, but I thinks thats how I always did it.

That'll be $50 for the secret tip!

Robert Houston

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Last words of General John
Sedgwick at the battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, US Civil War.