Lake Tahoe

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lake Tahoe
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 09:53:07 -0400
Just got back in Michigan from the Tahoe Open Roads at midnight. It was
fabulous! the California group did a wonderful job in organizing such a large
event: From getting us to the car show in 2 hours, a great autocross track, to
a 350 vehicle around the lake tour, to the video showing all of the whole
week(by Marty Allen).
I meet many listers for the first time, Gerard, Bob Kitterer, Jack Brashear,
and others I can't remember. it was great to put faces on people who I have
been talking to for years.
Ironhead ran well except for a failure of the lower hose at the heater joint
at Wally's Hot Springs. But I changed it and we were on our way. The car did
well in the speed events when driven by Dan Parsons( younger, quicker, and
better looking) 1st in the quarter mile at 64 MPH and second in the Autocross.
Rick had a third in the quarter mile.
 Ironhead was selected to be in the picture at Squaw Valley as was Jack
Brashear's square Sprite. The around the lake tour was very scenic and very
twisty with lots of up and downs. the weather was great and everyone from
Michigan had a great time. We shipped our cars out and back on Pilot
Transport. There aren't enough chiropractors in California to make our backs
better if we drove.
A great week!

Roger Cotting