Re: No LBC- pop ups-help

To: breeanna1012000@yahoo.com, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: No LBC- pop ups-help
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:23:41 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/1/02 12:35:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
breeanna1012000@yahoo.com writes:

> All of a sudden I am getting a million of these
> little pop ups every time I try to type anything
> or look at anything on my computer.
>
> I think a while back maybe a couple or three
> weeks ago someone had shared how to remove
> some of this kind of stuff or it may have been
> something else you were talking about

- - - - - - - - - - -

You can download a free program to help keep pop-ups from getting too
annoying.  Go to: www.analogx.com and download the freeware program called
POW!

When you get a new pop-up, click on the POW! icon in your task bar and select
"Delete Pop-Up."  Then you just click on the pop-up name in the window and
click "Done."  The pop-up will be closed at that time, and then every time
you get the same pop-up, it will close automatically.

You do have to click on each new pop-up, but it's better than nothing, and
the program works flawlessly.

The only other option is to stay away from adult web sites, but we all know
how hard it is to do that.  ;-)

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward