Re: Bugeye brakes hang-up

To: bluechipracing@snet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye brakes hang-up
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 05:47:28 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/02 5:15:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bluechipracing@snet.net writes:

> .  I found that the
> piston was prevented from moving properly due to sludge built up around the
> piston seal.  This probably prevented the piston from always returning past
> the return port.  My next step is to clean the parts thoroughly, and
> reassemble with a rebuild kit.  I'll bet this solves the problem.

You found sludge in the MC, the flex lines were gunked closed, and the wheel
cylinders were gunked and not operating properly.  Seems like the line itself
could be gunked too.  Maybe a cleanout with alcohol and a good blowout with
compressed air to clean them out too while you have the system apart?

Just a thought.

--David C.