Lucas rotor

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas rotor
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 20:13:32 -0500
Just as I got one side of my truck done today, my Mom, her bf, and one of my
sisters show up. They wanted to see my cars, so I got the MGB and Midget out
of the barn. I told them I had a hard time getting in the Midget with the
top up so Mom (who is 70, BTW) hops right in. Anyway, I blow off the truck
and start fiddling with the Midget after they leave. I take it for a ride
and get a couple of miles from town on the way back when it stutters a
little and dies. Oh, man, it's 98 degrees here today! Well, hitch-hike home,
take the truck back, thinking hard, I remember the Lucas rotor stories. Nah,
too easy, couldn't be. So I take a gasoline shower first, checking pump and
filter, replace new points, condensor next, no luck. Sure 'nuff, pop new
Lucas rotor on (replacing Lucas rotor with about 20 miles on it), fires
right up. So, what brand of ignition parts do you use?

Jim K.