Back Home FILETIME=[50EBB060:01C23C0D]

To: "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back Home FILETIME=[50EBB060:01C23C0D]
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 18:21:03 -0500
What happened?? I am gone a week, and there were less than 600 emails in
my inbox? Didn't anyone start a gun, beer or cat thread while I was
gone?
I took a wonderful vacation last week. I was fortunate enough to spend
some quality time with those wonderful folks in Comfort, Elizabeth and
Fisher Jones. As always, it was a pleasure to be with good folks and be
treated to great hospitality to my family and myself. On Wednesday, I
gave the Jones back their privacy and my gang and I headed for
Galveston. I was fortunate enough to have gotten the loan of a friends
beach house that was close to the shoreline. Once a base of operations
was established, we were blessed with a visit on Thursday by Leo
Speichinger and his wonderful wife, Susan. After a walk through The
Strand in downtown Galveston, where BTW you can buy a cat that is not
stuffed yet (for wheel chock purposes of course), we went back to the
house and walked the beach for a bit. Never have I seen someone so
anxious to catch crabs before! Leo, from the size of those buggers, I
would recommend a doctor appointment right away!!  LOL
We spent Friday at Moody Gardens, and on the way there at about 10 am, I
spotted a pod of 5 dolphins off the shoreline while driving there. This
may not seem like much to some of you, but Galveston has not had much in
the way of teeming sea life in years past, but they have made some
changes and the ecosystem is coming back. On Saturday, I met one of our
list race heroes, David Littlefield. He drove over in his beautiful 62
MGA Mk II. That car in the drive really dressed the place up alot!!
Everyone that went by while we were out looking at it was staring, and
some were downright vocal about how much they like his lil' red ride. I
was allowed to view many of the photos that Andrew Weeks took of Dave
while he was racing and found out that we have mutual acquaintances in
auto circles as well as in my industry.
All in all, the vacation was a great stress reliever, but the
opportunity to sit down with a couple of fellow listers over a cold brew
and talk cars, incessantly, was the high point of MY week off. The wife
and daughter had their own activities at that point <G>
So if ever you make it into the Houston area, these are two great folks
to meet. Don't pass up the chance to buy them a beer, it is a small
price to pay, for such great company. Now to start reading my

Brad