Re: Heat problems 2002 20:28:45 -0700

To: davriker@pacbell.net (David Riker)
Subject: Re: Heat problems 2002 20:28:45 -0700
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 07:28:34 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Dave-

Water temp at the rad is different from water temp at the head. Coolant
boiling
points are one thing.....elevated oil temps.
caused by hot running engines are another, especially in terms of wear
and
tear over time.

Still, you are correct.....the Series A will
run at 200F.....(but not mine!!:)

David Vizard is my God and I follow his
teachings (does this make me an infidel?
Omigod!!) along with what I've personally
learned "along the way".

The Series A developes it's best power
at around 170F and oil temps above 200F
are are "bad, bad". This comes from the experts who know more than I,
and I believe them.

Still, I respect and appreciate "different
strokes for different folks"!

"Drive on" my good man!

Cap'n. Bob
    '60 :{)