Misfire, parts

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Misfire, parts
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 19:30:29 -0500
I just got my restored Bugeye on the road for a total runnning time of about
an hour. The motor is a newly rebuilt stock 948.
One problem I am having is that I have a bad miss under acceleration. Ignition
timing, points and valve clearances are nominal. I am running HS2 carbs with
V3 needles and blue springs, and Champion N5C plugs. The needles are out about
12 flats. I get the same misfire with regular and premium gas. The vacuum
advance appears to be working, based on a strobe check. It idles OK and
cruises OK.  Can anyone give me some things to look for? My Haynes and Bentley
manuals are no help. The distributor is not new or rebuilt - just new points
and condenser. Can anyone recommend a good simple alternative (street)
distributor and/or electronic ignition, if that might be the problem? Thanks.

Bud