Re: Stealing 15:10:06 -0700 (PDT)

To: soavero@yahoo.com (Ron Soave)
Subject: Re: Stealing 15:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 22:02:24 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridget List)
Ron-

What personal attack? You have not
attacked me personally.

I never said things were worse now than
they've ever been...(consider the crash of
'29, fr'instance). That was your perception, not mine. Your thoughts and
words are a projection of same and have
nothing to do with my thoughts and words.
"Argument" was also YOUR word...
there is no argument.

And yes, when someone offers something
for nothing, there ARE those of us who
look closer, me included. It has been said
before, that playing the stock market is nothing more than a legal form
of gambling and how often have we heard,
don't gamble with money you cannot afford to lose?

Nevertheless, as far as my lifetime goes,
"social responsibility" with respect to not
only corporations, but government, is at
an all time low. Sure, this has been going
on since the beginning of time but, it's all
a question of extent...not black and white.

No matter how you slice it, stealing is
still stealing, and stealing is the subject
of my message....nothing else. Just
outright stealing. By "mistating", THEY
"fixed" the game, cashed in, and got rich
at the expense of their workers and the
public in general. I don't say so,
my CPA brother and CFO/CPA
buddy say so and between them, they've
60 years in the business. THEY are shocked... at the EXTENT of corporate
theft along with the government's paltry
(thus far) "slap your hand" so called penalties for FUTURE such
behaviour.

How about doing something about "NOW"?

Am I surprised...nope. Am I surprised government confiscates the assets
of
drug dealers but not these "white collar
crime" perps.....nope. Am I angry...nope.
Am I somewhat depressed and very much
disappointed.....yep. My brother and his
partner cannot believe it. Neither can my
CFO/CPA buddy. Or the retired CFO of
a NYC corp. who lives up the street.

They all say, "If you had
told me five years ago that this could have
happened, I wouldn't have believed it in
a million years".

When my government goes after the perps. and gets the money back to it's
rightful owners, my faith will be restored to that extent. Whatever
little respect
I retained for the integrity of government after the Kennedy coup de
etat,
Warren report and the Vietnam fiasco is pretty much gone. "If you don't
'walk the
walk', I ain't interested in your talk'".

I ain't talkin about the general public's perception that things are
going to hell
a la Elvis, Bruce, Woodstock and the
Beatles!! That's what YOU are talkin'
about!

Obviously....a case of "apples and oranges"! Have a good night my friend
and invest in real estate!! :)

Cap'n. Bob
    '60 :{)