Re: home safe from newhope

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: home safe from newhope
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:10:26 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/02 6:43:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:

> car since the mid 70's and am perplexed as towhy they have turned it from a
> car show to a vehicle display with crafts and things like that.   the large
> boy scouts tent for food is gone.  i'm not certain i'm upfor any type of
> return in the future?   even the awards tent is gone wich was a great
> "victory lane" with bleachers and now it's just on the road as you leave
> the
> grounds.   what has happened to a show w ich was a true gem of the past?

- - - - - - - - - - -

That was my impression as well, chuck.  Last year's show was the same layout
as this year.  Last year there was some rain, so I figured there would be
more cars this year.  There were, but not like two years ago, when there was
heavy rain and twice as many cars.

If we want the New Hope Auto Show to get back the old glory, we have to let
the organizers know.  Just dropping out will not make it better.

If you want to see a show that is bigger, and one with lots of vendors in a
good flea market, the PA Mustang Club show in Coopersburg is next Saturday.
(8/18)  I can't make it, but I always try.  It is a good muscle car show,
with lots of other interest.  Go to: http://www.1st-pa-mustang.org/events.htm

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget