Re: Burp of Smoke

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Burp of Smoke
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:10:31 -0700
Brad,

I'd check for sufficient oil drainage under the valve cover. That's often
the culprit.

Gerard

At 6:11 PM -0500 8/16/02, Brad Fornal wrote:
>I have the 65 going ok, still needs shocks and another starter the
>worst. But when I am driving it at about 60 -65, I get great billowing
>clouds of smoke at intermittent times. Not all the time, but enough to
>make me wonder WTF?? I know I am doing my part to control the West Nile
>virus, but damn!! 1275 with a hose running from the front timing cover
>can to the elbow on the intake for PCV. I am assuming I am sucking up a
>stream of oil into the intake, but isn't this how everyone else has
>theirs hooked up? What am I doing wrong?
>Brad

Search for Low Airfares, Great Hotel Deals,
Car Rentals Discounts and Vacations and Cruises
http://partner.onetravel.com/go/go.cfm?GoID=32421

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com