Re: Stick you automatic! (was Re: Clutch Cable?)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stick you automatic! (was Re: Clutch Cable?)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 00:38:41 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/02 2:22:58 AM, guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk
writes:

<< Find it funny to think how all USA teenagers just get in and drive
these things, but cannot get the hang of a "proper" gearshift!!

It is harder to find a "proper" gearshift in the US than it is an automatic.
We have two automatics now.  One in our motorhome, and the other in the Jeep
we use to pull the car trailer--neither were available with stick shift.  But
you really should move your foot over and kick the floorboard right out of
the car when you go to shift gears.  It makes everyone happier than stomping
on the brakes.  Or did the one you drove have one of those abominable brake
pedals that span the space for both brake and clutch?

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)