Need 1275 Engine...Bad

To: "Spridget List" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need 1275 Engine...Bad
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:09:10 -0400
Listers,
        My son and I went racing at Carolinas Motorsports Park this weekend with
his Limited Prep H Production Midget. Had a fresh professional rebuilt.
motor. Saturday's practice session went great. My son's previous best lap
was a 2:02.8. This session he got down to 2:00.4. Closest other H-Production
was 4 seconds back.

        In qualifying today, Will bettered his time to a 1:58.8. All of this
without taking the motor past 7,000 rpm! He gridded behind two E Production
cars and ahead of the rest of the E, F, G and H Production cars.

        In the race he takes the green flag for what have been a comfortable
class
win. Coming out of corner two  the engine loses power and smoke comes out
the exhaust and from under the car.

        Blown motor. Valve keeper came loose on #1 exhaust. Valve contacts
piston
and chews up the cylinder head. #1 intake valve breaks and adds to the
piston bashing until it finally drops into oil pan where crank throws it
thru side of oil pan. And one devastated 17 yr. old son. ,

        Bottom line.................Block, head, valve train and rods are
suspect.

        We need a parts motor!!  Anyone have some or all that we need? Close to
North Carolina?

Tom Speed
Charlotte, NC
www.mgracer.com
'76 Midget (Son's Toy)
'66 Midget (SpeedRacer)
'84 Chevy S-10 (Tows Racer)
'98 Eclipse Spyder (Wife's Toy)
'98 Chrysler Lowered Floor Conversion Van (Tows Me)