Temperature Increase at Speed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Temperature Increase at Speed
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:43:08 -0400 FILETIME=[F8D4E0A0:01C2477D]
Help needed again,

A great day for a drive on Sunday, about 78F and no humidity or clouds.
This was my longest excursion so far after getting my 65 Midget on the road
last week.
After travelling for about 15 minutes at 50mph the temp went up to 220F and
stayed there.  When I slowed down to travel through a small town, the temp
dropped to 190F, then returned to 220F once I speeded up again. This is the
opposite to what should be happening.  I changed the Thermostat to a 160
prior to driving it this weekend, everything seems to be working okay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help,

Regards,

Dave