Rear springs lowered

To: Spridget ML <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear springs lowered
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 23:43:33 -0400
Hi everyone,

I used the new spring sets from Winner's Circle that are 10 leaf
(thicker leaves than stock). It was sitting too high in the back and
looked like a 72 Monte Carlo with air shocks. I got "Little Bits" to sit
a good two inches lower in the back now. I used 4 degree tapered axle
shims from Summit Racing. Original intention is for these to be placed
under the axle pad to rotate the axle so your driveshaft angle is
better, in normal cars. In the Bugeye, not normal, I narrowed and
shortened the shims to fit in front of the bolts that pass through the
leaves and fit in between the u bolt. I loosened the bolts and u bolt,
and with a jack and crowbar lifted the spring enough to tap in the shim.
There's a hole in the middle of the shim for the head of the bolt that
holds the stack together. So far it seems fine and it does sit a little
more than 2 inches lower, it's almost level. Anyone wants a picture, let
me know.

Dave & Bobbie Carpenter
Pittsburgh, PA
60 3000 "Healey Bits" (in more pieces than they built it from)
60 Bugeye "Little Bits" click the link below for pictures
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm
Pictures from Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/pvgp.htm