Rust and Bubbling Paint .net>

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rust and Bubbling Paint .net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:02:03 -0400
Hey Body and Panel guys -

While looking at cars a couple of weeks ago, I ran across a Midget that had a
rather poor paint job applied (I would guess about five years old).  There was
some checkering here and there, but what I was most curious about was bubbling
as an indicator of rust. Obviously there was some rust on the move under that
paint. But can bubbling or the extent of bubbling indicate the seriousness of
the rust problem? In other words, is bubbling indicative of surface rust or of
more serious, body panel replacement rust, or can any such generalizations be
made?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Will