Re: Temperature Increase at Speed & another question Aug 2002 08:00:33 -

To: davidcull@hotmail.com (David Cull)
Subject: Re: Temperature Increase at Speed & another question Aug 2002 08:00:33 -0400
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:27:48 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Dave-

Glad the "overheating" has been taken care of in short order! :)

Can't tell you anything about dip stick
lengths. Don't know. Or to put it another
way, I am unaware of any differences in
length of same among the Series "A" 948,
1098 and 1275 engines. Just make sure your's is "straight" and not
"bent" to begin
with for most accurate reading. And don't
"push" it into the sump....just drop it in 'til
you hear a little metallic "thunk"!!

The Mfg. lists the amount of oil the engine takes including oil filter.
I do not think the
'65 came with an oil cooler.

The next time you get the oil changed,
pour exactly the amount of new oil into
the engine in accordance with your manual.

Start the engine and let the new stuff circulate through and shut down.
Wait
5 minutes for the stuff to drain and check
the level on your dipstick.

You'll know everything you need to know!

On my 1275 (actually 1293, "but this is not important":) 3 quarts brings
the level
to exactly between the "add" and "full"
mark on the stick, however....I run an
oil cooler.

So I would think 3 qts. without a cooler
would about equal the "full" mark.

And...."Happy Motoring", Dave. :)

Cap'n. Bob
    '60 :{)