Re: Mityvac, brake bleeding

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Mityvac, brake bleeding
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:59:39 -0700 (PDT)
OK. Thanks to all for the suggestions. Now I
understand what the instructions meant by "put teflon
tape or grease on the threads" if you are bothered by
the extra bubbles.

I also can see that the "L" shaped adapters are a weak
link in the system. I will round up a few of the
appropriate sized hoses and go direct from the vac
unit to the bleed screw. I have 3 sizes: large on the
front(7/16) and two different smaller sizes
(1/4 & 5/16)on the back.
I may give the pressurizing the master cylinder route
too if the other still does not get enough air out.

I guess before I do anything I will check to see how
firm the pedal is. With all of the air and fluid I
sucked out I may be done and don't know it. Never had
that happen before.

Will report back

cheers, bill b. 69 Sprite