Cape Cod, Ma. all-British show

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cape Cod, Ma. all-British show
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 00:12:55 -0400
  Greetings fellow enthusiasts,
    I'd like to bring to your attention a great event taking place on
Columbus Day Weekend, 2002.
  The Classic British Legends weekend will be happening again this year,
October 12-14, 2002. Being hosted by the Cape Cod British Car Club, this
event was very well attended last year, with all our expectations being
exceeded!!
      Saturday, October 12 will be a "down-Cape" seaside tour for lunch
at the Squire Tavern in Chatham. Saturday evening we have a cook-out on
the grounds of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution overlooking the
waters to Martha's Vineyard Island.
      Sunday is the Classic British Legends car show being held at
Marine Park, Falmouth Harbor. Goodie-bags with show t-shirts are given
to the first 150 entrants, along with a raffle ticket for a table-full
of door
prizes. Also, along with a 50/50 cash raffle, 2 prizes for plane rides
for 3 over
Cape Cod and a Tilt-lift by Autolifters of America will be raffled off.
   A food concession will be provided by the E. Falmouth Elementary
School PTO,
with all proceeds going to the school. Voting for the show will be a
participants
choice format with awards in over 30 classes.
      Monday morning will wrap things up with a brunch at the Waquoit
Bay Yacht Club.
    All activities were planned taking full
advantage of Cape Cod's beauty and charm. All events will have you at
the most beautiful spots the Cape has to offer!!
    Last year, our first time hosting this event, saw 40 vehicles on the
Saturday tour, 100 people at the cook-out, Over 100 cars at the show,
and 85 people at the brunch, which was a sellout. Those who heard about
it afterwards were very disappointed. Don't miss out on this one!
  All information is on our website at:
  http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish
 From the homepage, look for the Classic British Legends Weekend logo on
the screen.
  Happy motoring, and I hope to see you in October.
Kevin Thompson
President
Cape Cod British Car Club