Update: shimming oilpressure relief springs

To: Miget sprit group at Yahoo <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update: shimming oilpressure relief springs
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 13:30:12 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I pulled the spring and cup from the motor, spring measured 70mm, I added 2,
1mm washers and replaced. Cup looked OK, felt no burrs.  Cold start up was 75
at fast idle.  After warm up I had 25psi at 2500rpm, 50psi at 4000 to 5000rpm.
This was after bleeding air from line to OP gague (Korean cheepo).  With motor
hot, Idle (950rpm) just over needle rest (maybe 10psi),  25psi at 2500, gague
read just below 50psi at 4000.  I may try 2 more washers later today, and have
a new spring and ball valve on order.  It would be so nice to have the funds to
put in a new motor and 5sp.  Hey David C.! Ya still got that rebuilt 1275 on
the stand?

Lon/ RedMidget