Re: New radiator

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <DLancer7676@cs.com>
Subject: Re: New radiator
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:10:08 -0500
> > ever since I started carrying a spare, i haven't broke an axle.
> >

> That is an old law, called Murphy's.  I believe religiously in Murphy's
Law.

> --David C.

Murphy does not sound sufficiently English for this. I think that there is a
deeper law
at work here.

Part One states that a Spridget that does not want to get home under
its own power will not do so no matter how many spares you have with you.

Part Two points out the obvious fact that bringing a spare will prevent that
part
from breaking, but it also adds the concept that a Spridget will only work
the harder
to come up with a failure for which you are unprepared.
Therefore, one should carry a minimal number of spares, otherwise the
failure could be catastrophic.

Part Three deals with the impracticality of towing a complete set of spares
behind your
Spridget, let alone appropriate sacrifices for MOWOG or Lucas. It does,
however, accept the
concept of a fellow event participant being considered as a sacrificial
anode and source of spares
that your Spridget did not take into account ;-)

Part Four expounds on the Law of Conservation of LBCs. As we all know, this
is the knowledge
that bringing an LBC back to life inevitably means that another LBC
somewhere has just died. Many
of us keep spare Spridgets around solely for their value in "taking the
shot" so as not to feel guilty for
a fellow lister's Spridget's death.

I have not yet determined the name of this law. If any of you know it,
please illuminate me!
David Lieb
Too many/Not enough RWAs