was Re: wiring? now transmission leak

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: was Re: wiring? now transmission leak
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 08:16:22 -0500
> Or-
>
> If you filled it up to the "top" rather than
> to the "bottom" of the filling hole, some
> spilled out as it was "displaced" by the
> cap as it was screwed in.
>
> Jack the car up, spray the box with gunk
> and spray it off with water. Move the car
> from the it's spot, to new spot.
>
> Any more oil dripping from the box?

OR, the rear seal around the snout of the
driveshaft is bad. Most likely it was a bit overfull,
hard to resist that temptation... Don't forget, these
things were designed to lose whatever extra you put in ;-)

BTW, my usual way of filling a ribcase is to pull the
usual grommet and filler plug, then pull the gearshift lever.
I fill through the hole from the shifter while monitoring the
level at the "fill plug". So much easier than trying to put a
funnel down there AND see how full it is.

David Lieb
72 RWA now running and ready (I hope) for the AH Club Rally today!