Re: Bugeye Stock 948

To: "Bud & Denise" <bpazur@excel.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Stock 948
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 13:29:31 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The BP5ES NGK plugs work best in the 948's. The rack problem was solved by
others (boat shop). So let's talk about the very unspritely performance. If
it is all set up right these engines work best between 3500 and 5000 rpm, at
anything below that they will not run well and above that (without a bunch
of work) it won't last long. With a copy of Vizard's book and a drimmel tool
you can add 3-5 hp with a little intake manifold and port matching work in
an afternoon. You also might want a copy of the specal tuning book for ideas
on even more power gains. Lightening the flywheel, porting, deshrouding, and
shaving the head, hotter cam.  All this can be done without altering the
external "show" of the engine. Or you can just be like the rest of the boys
and drop in a 1275 and 5-speed so you can brag about how you beat the
"stock" cars up the hill (Glen, Rick, Larry, ect).
        Crash
ps What is a stock 948 with HS2 carb?