Re: Datsun 5spd.- Redline MTL Sep 2002 11:50:37 -0700

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com (Gerard)
Subject: Re: Datsun 5spd.- Redline MTL Sep 2002 11:50:37 -0700
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:58:24 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Yep. This seems to be the case, and mine
is newly rebuilt and still, it does this.

I am not saying that MTL may be the only
synthetic lubricant out there that will
minimize this, 'cause I haven't tried them
all....just Mobile 1.

Further, while this seems to work in today's summer temperatures, I
don't
know this will be the case to the same
extent, as winter makes itself known in
these parts. I just figure it'll minimize
the problem, temperature notwithstanding,
in any event.

I think the fact Redline makes this stuff
particularly for this application with the  "synchronizers" in mind
(making the
synthetic "artificially" less slippery for
cause) makes the difference over ordinary
synthetic gear lube?

Cap'n. Bob
    '60 :{)