Re: M-I-D-G-E-T emblem on tail of '78?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Steven Michelsen" <stevenm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: M-I-D-G-E-T emblem on tail of '78?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 06:03:41 -0500
> On the left side of the back of my '78 Midget, I have a little 4"x6"
British flag-magnet.  This is all very nice until one discovers that the
magnet is covering two small holes.  I am guessing these holes used to hold
an emblem of some sort.  Victoria British lists a "trunk badge" but the
holes are not on the trunk, they're to the left of the swquare white back-up
lens.  I have a brochure for a '76; the car pictured has no badge in that
spot.  What goes there?

My vote goes to the dealer being stupid enough to drill the holes for his
logo.
David Lieb
too many holes in my Midget, too