RE: 9/11 Memoriam

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g8BDpgV22429
Subject: RE: 9/11 Memoriam
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:51:34 -0500 namics.com>
I got this from the BMW message boards and
thought I would share.....

God Yes, We Remember, We Do, I Swear It.

Mama, I see you there, dear sweet girl, I swear it. Tugging on the door,
calling security: "Can someone please open the E door on 103, it's
automatically locked and I can't get out!" Yes, we see you, girl, and,
Lord knows, your brothers and sisters tried. You're expecting, aren't
you, darling? We remember...we do...we promise.

I see you there, too, I do. In the blown out window up high. Yes, just
you two, a man and a woman, co-workers probably, morning coffee buddies,
now deciding it's time in life to fly. I'm here, I am. So step up, reach
out, grab a hand---be together, please---and grab hold of that window
casing. We will not fail you. We shall together feel the flutter of wind
rippling your lives, acknowledge the pull of the Earth on your soul.
Soar this day. And, yes, know that we will, make no mistake. We will.

Yes, gather to me once again, your tables upright, and take your seats,
please. Flight 93, the Pentagon. Let us await the fates. We remember, oh
yes, that phrase, "Let's roll," spilling out, like thunder, the final
flip of the coin. It is a history written, a baton passed, so very
worthy. And we shall run with it, have written it down in high winds, in
total darkness, in a code of courage we shall never forget. Mark these
words.

And, yes, among us still is that youngster, pray tell, I cannot help it.
I see him still, hours later, reporting to the camera how bad it had
been. He stutters, stammers, even hours after the fact. "We were
descending," he says, "it was smoky and loud and then, then, well." He
stops, suddenly gains a certain composure, "There were all these
firemen," he says, quietly, almost in reverence, "they filled the
stairwells, so many of them, just climbing higher and higher
and...and...and...they all had blue eyes."

Here's to all those who awoke September 11th, 2001, thinking it was just
another day. To them, let us continue in our promise:

Because zealots, these madmen, have come for our young, our mothers,
fathers and blue-eyed futures, we will stand against them.

And, in that struggle, if any of us should fall, entering the dust and
debris of tomorrow, we will do so with a smile only God can muster,
knowing full-well, behind us will be another...and another...and
another.

We will bring the madmen the Lion they unknowingly asked to meet.

That, to you, we promise.